tracygraczykowski

Blondie3104

I love reading. I'll give any book a try.
Bird Of Prey - Danielle-Claude Ngontang Mba I received an ARC copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sémya Slotin has a genius IQ and degrees in everything from Computer Science to Forensics. She chooses not to use her degrees. Instead, Sémya and her friend, Polliannah, own and run a wine store. However, they enjoy drinking the wine more than selling it. Due to lack of funds, Sémya accepts a job from her adoptive mother, Annika, investigating the theft of several fashion designs by the design company run by Sémya's ex-boyfriend Julian. In the course of her investigation, Julian's girlfriend Johanna is found dead. How did she die? Was she murdered? Who is she really?

I loved this book. It was action packed from the beginning and kept me guessing throughout. I really enjoyed Sémya's boards that she created to help visualize her theories. I also enjoyed how Polliannah would dress Sémya up for her dates with Josh. I really want to know what secrets Josh is keeping and more about Polliannah's new beau, John. There were twists and turns and even some romance. This book had everything. I can't wait to read more about Sémya and find out the answers to my lingering questions.